NVASA will be hosting our first ever soccer tournament, entitled Northern Virginia Champions Cup, on June 25th & 26th at South Run District Park & Rolling Valley West Park. It will be an 11v11 COED tournament with a 7 male/4 female format and sponsored by Glory Days Grill.
REGISTRATION DATES & FEES:
Standard Fee - Received on or before June 1st - $650
Late Registration Fee - Received between June 2nd & June 8th - $700
STEP 1 - APPLICATION:
Click HERE for a team application form.
Please note that in determining divisions, teams will be placed on a first come, first serve basis. Once a division fills out, teams joining that division will be wait-listed or given the opportunity to go in another division. After the deadline, divisions will be opened and adjusted if any spots are available. Wait listed teams will be placed accordingly.
As a reminder, an individual player MAY ONLY PLAY ON ONE TEAM, regardless of division.
STEP 2 - PAYMENT:
Once you receive your email confirmation that your team has been approved, please submit your team payment by clicking below:
STEP 3 - DETERMINING AFFILIATION:
Northern Virginia Champions Cup is an affiliated tournament that is sanctioned by the United States Soccer Federation (USSF) and the United States Adult Soccer Association (USASA) via the local state association, the Metropolitan D.C.-Virginia Soccer Association (MDCVSA). All tournament players must be registered in a league which is affiliated with United States Soccer Federation, or a foreign federation recognized by USSF (note: non USASA teams must provide proof of adequate, comparable insurance coverage for participating teams and players). See below for affiliation/eligibility categories:
Category A - In-State Affiliated Teams:
Your team consists of affiliated players from MDCVSA member leagues and teams. You may register up to seven guest players who were not formerly registered with MDCVSA or another US Soccer entity. Registration of guest players should be done directly through MDCVSA, and will cost $25.00 per player. Guest players will register online (see section below – registering as a guest player).
Category B - Out-of-State Affiliated Teams:
Teams already affiliated with an existing USASA state association (or other US Soccer entity) are permitted to play in the tournament (note: non USASA players/teams must provide proof of adequate, comparable insurance coverage to be eligible to participate). Your state association must provide the Northern Virginia Champions Cup with an approved roster that includes the names and birth dates of your players (note: this correspondence must come directly from your state association). All players should be registered through your state association and included on the official roster.
Category C - Out-of-State Unaffiliated Teams:
Unaffiliated teams that come from geographic areas outside the MDCVSA must contact their home State Association to inquire about affiliation status. You may obtain contact information for your state association by visiting www.usasa.com or www.ussoccer.com.
STEP 4 - COMPLETING & SUBMITTING ROSTERS:
- All MDCVSA teams must submit a roster by June 8th via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Click HERE for a blank roster form.
- In your cover email, include your name, phone number, state association, home league, team name, and tournament division. Email the roster to email@example.com.
- Within three business days of your submission, you will receive a reply email confirming those players who are registered with the MDCVSA. Any discrepancies (such as players missing on the MDCVSA database or unregistered guests) will be noted.
- The version of the roster sent back to you from MDCVSA is the version you must use throughout the tournament.
- It is in your best interest to ensure all of your players have registered with MDCVSA prior to submitting your roster in order to ensure your roster will be approved.
Out of State Teams:
- Out-of-state teams should have their state registrar submit an approved roster that includes the names and birth dates of your players to the NVCC no later than June 8th. Your state registrar may submit approved rosters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Plan to bring a copy of your approved roster submitted by your state association to registration.
Registering Guest Players:
You may register up to 7 guest players who were not formerly registered/affiliated with MDCVSA or another US Soccer entity (within this seasonal year). Registration of guest players should be done directly through MDCVSA. The guest player fee is $25.00 per player.
- Registration for Guest Players must be done online
- Players must complete their guest registration by June 17th
- To register as a guest, visit http://mdcvsa.sportssignup.com/site
- Please contact the MDCVSA administrator at email@example.com with questions
A representative from each team must stop by registration on June 24th to turn in their approved roster and collect their player shirts.
Date: Friday, June 24th
Time: 6:00 - 10:00PM
Location: Glory Days Grill (9526 Old Keene Mill Road, Burke, VA 22015)
*Check-in will be located in the party room in the back left of the restaurant*
STEP 5 - PLAYING IN THE TOURNAMENT:
All tournament players must present valid government issued photo ID (driver’s license, passport, etc). Player IDs will be checked against MDCVSA/state verified rosters prior to each match. Players who are unable to present valid ID will not be permitted to play (Note: There is still a requirement for players to be affiliated with their state association or registered as guest players. We are just allowing the convenience of using an alternate form of ID).
Click HERE for a copy of the tournament rules.
STEP 6 - PLAYER SOCIAL:
On Saturday night (June 25th) from 5-11PM, our sponsor restaurant, Glory Days Grill, will be hosting a player social. Please bring your teammates, friends and family out to socialize and have food/drinks with the other players from the tournament!